raw vegan cashew cake - recipe:
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1-2 cups of almonds or desiccated coconut or hazelnuts (add what you want!)
- 1 cup pitted Dates (soaked in hot water for about 15 minutes to soften)
dates into small pieces in a food processor. Process almonds or nuts into
small pieces in a food processor, too. Mix them well. Press ‘dough’
into the bottom of cake dish or pan.
You can place it in refrigerator or fridge until needed (not necessary).
Ingredients for the filling/ custard:
- 2 cups of raw cashews - soaked overnight in a water, and rinsed
- 2 spoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup agave or cane syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil - liquid form only!
- 3/4 cup water (from cashews)
first cashews with water (max 1 cup) in your blender/food processor.
Add just enough water to blend into a smooth ‘cream’. Add lemon juice,
agave syrup, coconut oil.
Now you can split it into two or more parts and make custard with carob or cocoa or with desiccated coconut or with fruits.
I made my cake with cocoa (brown part), with desiccated coconut and almonds (white part) and with fresh mint leaves (green part).
I added raspberries and blueberries.
Pour the filling/ custard onto the crust in the dish
and place in freezer for about 1-2 hours until firm. Then refrigerate
Serve with fruits you like! I used raspberries (inside) and bilberries.